If you are searching for the reason why hot water is coming out of your cold tap, this article should help! Furthermore, if you live in the Phoenix, Arizona valley, we can help fix your problem and get your water lines running cold again! If you want to fix your problem immediately, contact us below. Otherwise continue reading for solutions to hot water in cold taps.
Read about our solutions to hot water coming from cold taps and what you can do to solve your problem.
Are you searching for the answer to the following questions?
- Why does hot water come out of cold faucet?
- Why is hot water in my cold water line?
- Why is there luke warm water from cold tap?
- Why is there no cold water coming out of my faucet?
- Why is there hot water coming from cold tap summer?
- Why is hot water coming out of my cold tap in my kitchen?
- Why is hot water coming out of my cold tap in my bathroom?
Why Hot Water Is Coming Out Of Your Cold Tap In Arizona
Most new construction homes built in Arizona use plastic water lines and usually run them through the attic because it’s cheaper, faster and easier than running it through the walls.
That thin plastic water line in an extremely hot attic heats up fast causing your water to come out of the tap warmer.
Do I Need To Replace My Water Lines?
You don’t necessarily have to replace the piping, rather, install insulation in your attic and wrap your pipes with TCM. Doing either one will help make your water cooler but doing both will completely solve your problem.
There is no other way around it besides replacing your water lines which is far more expensive than a little bit of water line wrap and attic insulation.
Plus, adding our TCM radiant barrier can reduce your electric bill up to 50% guaranteed! Who would of though cooling down your water could save you so much money?
TCM Is The Solution To Your Hot Water Problem In Phoenix
TCM (Thermal Control Membrane) is the perfect solution for wrapping your water lines and insulating your attic from the hot Arizona sun. There are many benefits of using TCM as a radiant barrier and water line wrap including:
- Blocks the water line from getting heated up
- Blocks the sun from entering your attic space
- Saves you 50% on electricity guaranteed
- Makes water come out same temperature in the kitchen and bathroom
- Keeps every room in your home the same temperature
- Reduces your need for air conditioning
- Uses less air conditioning to cool your attic space
- Can be used to make your air conditioner run more efficiently
Other Reasons Hot Water Is Coming Out Of Cold Tap
- Pipes might be too close together – wrap the water pipes to keep them insulated and regulate their temperatures
- The cause could be recirculating plumbing – wrapping the pipes with insulation will also solve this problem
- Heat trap installed improperly – you will need a plumber to inspect your hot water heater
- Ventilation duct heat – duct sealing will solve any duct ventilation problems
- Hot water causing lines to heat up – wrap lines with insulation to keep them from passing on the temperature
- Water pressure is too high – requires a plumber to inspect your hot water heater
- No attic ventilation – need attic insulation and attic fan to keep attic cooler
- Poor attic ventilation – if insulation is already installed, adding radiant barrier will help
- No radiant barrier – install radiant barrier and attic fan
- Water lines ran through attic – wrap water lines with insulation
- Plastic water lines – wrap water lines with insulation
We Can Fix Hot Water Coming Out Of Your Cold Tap In Phoenix, Arizona
If you are looking for solutions on fixing your hot water in cold tap problem, GreenLife Energy Experts has the solutions you are looking for. We can wrap your water lines with TCM to regulate the temperature and get your water coming out of your tap cooler again, even in the summer time.