If you are searching for “Garage Insulation” while looking for the best types of garage insulation, costs associated with insulation or garage insulation services, GreenLife Energy Experts can help!
We decided to put together this garage insulation guide to help you figure out what parts of your garage you need to insulate, best types of insulation to install, ideas for what to use your garage for and costs involved with installing the insulation.
We also let you know what your next steps should be and further considerations when planning on using a garage as a workspace.
Jump To Section:
- Garage Insulation
- Garage Insulation Types
- Why Garage Insulation?
- Best Garage Insulation In The World
- Garage Insulation Costs
- Garage Insulation Ideas & Uses
- Garage Insulation Considerations
Garage insulation is awesome! It can help you cool down your garage, save money on home cooling bills and doesn’t cost all that much to install. Looking to create a new home office, workplace or play place of your dreams? Garage insulation is perfect for that!
Garage Door Insulation Is A Must
If your trying to cool down your garage you are going to have to install garage door insulation. Garage doors are where more of your heat comes from and it will be hard to cool the space down if you don’t have it.
Usually reflective insulation is installed in garage doors so you might want to rethink the type of insulation you chose for your garage walls if you plan on doing this as well. You might as well insulate the entire garage with reflective insulation.
That way you can insulate the attic while you’re at it and not use 3 different types of insulation.
Garage Attic Insulation
Insulating the garage attic, if you have one, is needed for cooling as well. You can’t insulate your garage without insulating the attic. The hotter the attic is in your garage, the hotter your garage will be no matter what type of insulation or cooling mechanism you’ve installed.
Garage Insulation Types
There are 4 different types of insulation that will work great for insulation your garage attic, walls and doors including:
- Reflective Insulation: TCM reflective insulation is the best garage insulation in the world! Low cost to install, easy installation and comes with a lifetime performance guarantee! TCM will never collect moisture, is dust proof and never stops working like some other types of insulation. TCM is the most versatile insulation product on the market capable of far more applications than just insulating garage attics, walls and garage doors. It work for nearly any insulation application including commercial and residential insulation applications.
- Batt Insulation: Batt insulation is another easy to use and inexpensive method of insulating your garage. You just have to install it in between your studs and cover it with a vapor barrier to finish. Although, this will require a ton of work if the walls are already installed on the interior of the garage. Also, keep in mind that you need to replace the walls after completing the installation. If you are having a garage contractor perform the service you should be fine but if you plan on doing a DIY installation, you’re going to want to be ready for a ton of extra work.
- Blown-in Insulation: Blown in insulation doesn’t require knocking down your walls like batt insulation does. You can simply drill a good sized whole in the wall and blow the insulation in. Although, this is usually something performed by a insulation contractor and unless you know where to rent a machine, you might want to hire a professional for this installation as well. Blown in insulation takes less time to install but usually costs a bit more than other types of insulation.
- Foam Board: Another way to insulation your garage without having to install drywall is to use foam board with radiant barrier. Check local building codes before installing this type of insulation though and make sure its flame tested before buying.
Why Garage Insulation? Uses & Applications?
Garage insulation is useful for any homeowner who wants to use their garage as a workspace. Some people use their garages for a machine shop, wood working shop, auto shop, dance studio, music studio, exercise are and more.
Also, some choose to only insulate the wall closes to their home because it can help save additional electricity costs. The heat from your garage comes through the walls and heats up your home. Hot garages will cost you more money in electricity, even if the garage home entrance stay closed most often.
Best Garage Insulation In The World!
TCM is the best garage insulation in the world capable of insulation your garage attic, garage walls and garage door. Not only that buy TCM is capable of saving you up to 50% on your homes electricity when installed as part of a radiant barrier system. It can also be used for many other residential and commercial applications including new construction, wall insulation, attic insulation, commercial insulation, residential insulation, duct sealing and more.
Garage Insulation Costs
Depending on the size of your garage, the average cost for garage insulation is $1,400.
Average Garage Insulation Cost
Here are the average garage insulation costs for insulating your garage attic and garage door combined.
- 1 Car Garage: $800
- 2 Car Garage: $1500
- 3 Car Garage: $2000
Garage Door Insulation Cost Only
- 1 Car Garage: $250
- 2 Car Garage: $500
- 3 Car Garage: $750
Garage Wall Insulation Cost
Typical garage wall insulation costs average around $3.50 per sq ft. GreenLife’s wall insulation services start at $3.00 per sq ft and only require reflective garage insulation. 3 car garages or larger may require spray foam garage insulation that starts at $2.25 sq ft and requires a 665 sq ft minimum.
Do I Need Insulation Installed In My Garage Walls?
You home’s garage may or may not already have insulation installed in the walls. 80% of the homes we install insulation for already have insulation installed in the garage walls. We usually only have to install reflective insulation in the attic and garage door.
Garage Insulation Ideas & Applications
There are tons of reasons why people insulated the garages. Here are a couple examples of how our customers are using their garages for different reasons.
- Exercise area
- Machine shop
- Auto shop
- Wood working shop
- Gardening work
- Music studio
- Dance studio
- Office space
- Man cave
- And more
Garage Insulation Considerations
People who install garage insulation usually plan on using it for a purpose. Whether you decide to have a machine shop, wood working shop, auto shop, dance studio, music studio or some other kind of workspace, cooling down your garage will require more than just garage insulation. Those who really plan on working in their garage should consider a garage mini split system or some other type of portable ac unit.
Cooling Down A Garage Requires Air Conditioning!
The great thing about a garage is the fact that it’s small and doesn’t take much time to cool down once insulation is installed. Installing a garage mini split system, also known as a ductless ac unit, is the best way to cool down your garage in 15 minutes or less once you’ve properly insulated the attic and garage door.
Do You Need Garage Insulation Services In Arizona?
GreenLife Energy Experts is a garage insulation contractor in the Phoenix Metropolitan area offering garage, garage door insulation, garage attic and garage wall insulation installation services in all major cities of the Phoenix Valley. We help keep your garage cool in Arizona.