If you’re searching “What is an Energy Audit”, “Types of Energy Audits”, “Benefits Of An Energy Audit” or “Energy Audit Cost“, this post should help! Continue reading to find out what an energy audit is, what types are available, the costs and benefits associated with receiving one.
What Is An Energy Audit?
What’s an energy audit? Home energy audits are great for a variety of reasons including:
- Determining how and where you are losing the most energy in your home
- Which appliances or systems use the most energy in your home
- Which affordable energy improvements can be installed to make the home more energy efficient and comfortable
Types Of Energy Audits
There are 2 basic types of energy audits including:
Standard Home Energy Audit
The standard home energy audit is more a visual inspection than an actual full energy audit. This type of audit doesn’t include a full diagnostic of your home with testing equipment. The purpose of this audit is to assess the overall energy performance of the home including:
- Visual assessment of Doors, Windows, Ducts, Insulation
- Cooling, Ventilation and Heating systems age and characteristics
- Lighting and Appliance characteristics
- Comfort assessment
- Moisture problems
- Safety or health issues
A GreenLife Home Energy Auditor will assess electricity usage and your billing history to help design the perfect energy upgrade for your home. A general assessment of your home will be made, including giving you our recommendations for improving your home’s efficiency, as well as many affordable financing options, to help you save money on electricity. If other utility-based programs are available, one of our experts will encourage you to take further action. A standard home energy audit usually takes about one hour to complete.
Full Home Energy Audit
A full home energy audit is a detailed audit of your home that includes using diagnostic testing equipment. It expands on the standard home energy audit by allowing us to collect more information reguarding the overall state of your homes energy usage, and also a more detailed financial analysis of your current energy costs.
The full energy audit includes using diagnostic testing equipment such as an infared camera, thermal imaging camera, duct leakage tester, combustion analyzer and blower door test. The tests are needed to determine:
- Where the most heat is coming into your home from
- The much duct leakage you have coming from your HVAC unit(s)
- The number and location of any other air leaks in the home
- How effective the wall or ceiling insulation is performing
- Any potential or existing safety or combustion issues
A full home energy audit company such as GreenLife Energy Experts, LLC will conduct a whole-home inspection to identify and propose energy upgrades for the home. We can proide a detailed report showing you specification and recommendations based on our findings. GreenLife is also a Green Energy contractor that offers a variety of energy products to help make your home more energy efficient and save you up anywhere from 25%-99% on electricity. A full home energy audit usually takes about 3-4 hours to complete.
Benefits Of A Home Energy Audit
There are many benefits of receiving a home energy audit including:
- Find out where most of your energy is being lost
- Find out why your energy bills are so high
- Find out how you can save money on electricity
- Find out how to make your home more comfortable
- Gives you affordable options to make your home more comfortable
- Doesn’t cost that much money
- Some energy auditors offer free energy audits (like us)
How Much Do Home Energy Audits Cost?
Depending on the energy audit company you choose, energy audits can cost anywhere from:
- $300 for a standard home energy audit
- $700 for a full home energy audit
- $0 for a standard or full home energy audit from GreenLife
GreenLife is one of the only energy audit companies that offers totally free standard and full energy audits.
How To Receive A Free Energy Audit
To receive your free energy audit, get in touch with one of GreenLife’s home energy auditors today by giving us a call at (480) 744-1803. We offer free energy audits in the following Arizona, Florida and Texas areas including:
Our Arizona service area includes: Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, Surprise, Peoria, Glendale, Scottsdale and more.
Our Florida service area includes: Broward County Florida including: Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Miramar, Coral Springs, Pompano Beach, Plantation and Sunrise, Florida.
Miami Dade County Florida including: Miami, Hialeah City, Miami Beach, Homestead, North Miami, Coral Gables, Doral City, North Miami Beach and Cutler Bay, Florida.
Our Texas service area includes: San Antonio, Texas.